Monday, May 12, 2008

Promoting My New Book!

Book marketing has always been a complete mystery to me. I used to think that publishers have ALL "the tools" to really help a book sell well but, when my first picture book Cheech the School Bus Driver came out to the market, I quickly learned that I needed to pick up the slack and devote a lot of time to promote... I was on a rapid learning curve!

This time I'm starting the BUZZ early! My new children's book Captain Cheech, comes out on June 24, 2008 and this is the second of a series of books, written by actor and comedian Cheech Marin, and published by Harper Collins/Rayo.

The Cheecharrones, the kids who ride on Cheech's school bus, are challenged to a boat race. Ever try turning a bus into a boat?

Captain Cheech will be sold in both English and/or Spanish and you can pre-order your copy on
Amazon or on the release date, wherever books are sold!

Also, in celebration of Latino Books Month, Cheech Marin will be promoting Captain Cheech and sharing with industry professionals the inspiration for reaching out to booklovers of all ages and younger Latino audiences. Childrens Books for Latino Voices of the Future will be held on Friday, May 30, 2008 at 3:15PM in Room 404B of the Los Angeles Convention Center at BookExpo America (BEA).

No comments: